Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Finland

So, new things always happening in africa. I have a roommate. (He's actually been here about 5 days, and in leaving in another 5) He's a 45 year old doctor from Finland, and I've had some interesting conversations with him. His name is Hannu.

Basically, talking to him has been like a Finland history 501 class (I know, high level). I think I know most everything about Finland's history, and I'm just ready to meet another Finnish person, so that I can wow them with all my knowledge.

Hannu told me a story about how he went to the cafeteria and just ordered Ugali, and he hated it. Now, ugali is delicious, just not by itself, so basically, he just ate a big pile of corn-flour and water, with nothing else. at least the meal only set him back $0.30.

Also, my next entry will be a great one, about my adventure-filled trip into nairobi.

1 comment:

  1. Did you make a bunch of jokes like "are you going to FINNISH that?" and "when are you FINNISHed living here?"

    ReplyDelete