Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy birthday to Joe


This entry gets dedicated to my friend Joe Kobalka, who shares my birthday, and helped to send me a bunch of data dvds in the mail.

Ah, a birthday, and my gift to you is an entry filled with pictures!



This is Dr. Hannu Lintula, my old Finnish roommate. He's gone back to Finland, where this time of year, it's light outside 24 hours a day.



This is Scott Talon, my new roommate and medical student from Texas, who just got here a couple of days ago, to replace the hole in my heart that Hannu left. He's an all around good guy.

So, what did I do for my birthday? Well, I caught a ride into Nairobi with an accountant and his wife I know here (they were just going in to buy some things, so it worked out great), and we went to a bunch of places in the shopping district of Nairobi. Some of these places are very beautiful, and hopefully I'll get some pictures of them before I leave.

Then we went downtown, and ate at this Hong Kong resturant. It was pretty good, also, I bought a piece of chocolate cake at a Java house, to enjoy later! (as shown in the first picture of this entry, and as to be shown in the last picture as well!)

After returning, I juggled for some of the kids around here, and then we ended up hiding all my juggling balls and looking around for them. Then a family who lives near us, the Davis's invited Scott (my roommate) and I over for dinner. So we ate chili with them, and had some good conversation. Mr. Davis let me borrow some books, which I'm anxious to read. Then Scott and I headed off for indoor soccer. Soccer was a blast, it always is. Now I'm back here writing this entry and letting you guys know what's up!

And as promised, one more picture of this piece of cake!



3 comments:

  1. hmm, even with that chocolate cake in front of you (and two forks?) you're still looking skinnier than when you left... i guess i'm gonna have to double my efforts at the gym :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for pictures on your blog. Oh, and yeah for your birthday!!! Happy Birthday Big Al!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you showed that cake who eats who, good thing you weren't in Soviet Russia, because there I hear, "cake eats you!"

    ReplyDelete